The most important attribute in a politician is “authenticity.” Imagine that! Voters want their leaders to be truthful. Well in the spirit of truthfulness I am not so sure and in fact, it seems the only way to political success is through lies and deception. Tell the voters what they want to hear as opposed to what they should hear, and all is good! The formula for success involves the following tried and true ingredients:
- Spend money, lots of money and let future generations pay the bill.
- Promise to solve every problem no matter how big or small.
- Be empathic and feel the pain of the people. Shed tears if necessary.
- Point out past historical transgressions and national shame.
- Embrace a global and very modern view of the world.
- Use ‘fear’ as much as possible to acquire votes.
These are just some of the sales tactics political parties have used for decades to secure and retain power. Clearly the tactics work because Canadians keep voting for the same parties over and over and over again!
Unfortunately, as I see things, the majority of Canadians support a system that is based on lies and deception as long as the money keeps flowing. The question becomes, do we wait until the money runs out or do we as voters look at options that speak the truth and address the problem? Honestly, I am not optimistic but will offer an alternative.
The world is a mess. We know this to be true and we know that our mainstream parties all share in the problem with their lies and deceptions. The Peoples’ Party of Canada is the only party that offers a different pathway to resolving our national problems. It offers solutions that while not currently popular have been proven to work. So what do we need as opposed to desire?
- We need a party to make Canadians understand that unlimited spending will not solve all their problems.
- We need to break the excessive spending cycle and stop buying votes.
- We need a party to enact policies and regulations that unleash the power of individuals rather than the bureaucracy. In other words, smaller more effective government.
- We need a party that is honest and makes attainable and affordable promises.
- We need a party that honours our past while doing better in the future. No more cancel culture, no more political correctness – just plain old common sense and good manners.
- We need a party that genuinely believes in the independent Nation of Canada, not a servant to the United Nations or transnational corporations with globalist agendas.
- We need a party that does not leverage fear to suppress freedom. We need to breathe again!
As voters, we get what we deserve. If lies and deception make you happy, then keep voting for the same old party and you will get the same result. If however you want to break the cycle, your only option is to be brave and vote for a Canada that actually is “Strong and Stands on Guard for Thee”!
Your support is essential and would be most appreciated.